Job Title: PE and English Teacher
Location: Chengdu, China
Salary: Very competitive, negotiated based on experience
Start Date: Available immediately but willing to wait for the right candidate
We are looking for a highly motivated PE specialist to work in one of our kindergartens in the south of Chengdu.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a good school, fully committed to providing the best possible service to children and families in Chengdu.
We are looking to appoint an experienced and outstanding full-time PE specialist to teach in one of our kindergartens, and take some ESL lessons in the same kindergarten.
About the school:
With over 25 years of experience running kindergartens, our school is famous in Chengdu and has an excellent reputation among teachers, parents and government agencies alike. It is appreciated for its unique, international management team, which unlike other companies hiring teachers in China, has experienced expats at the helm directing recruitment, management, training and curriculum development.
Our goal isn’t simply to insert teachers into classrooms, but to build cultural awareness and exchange. Hiring overseas teachers is an important strategy in reaching this goal, so we hope you are who we are looking for.
Key elements of the role include:
• Working closely with kindergarten management and staff to design, create and implement a range of physical activities that promote teamwork, co-operation, healthy living and are engaging and enjoyable for children;
• Teaching and organising activities using English language, to develop the children’s English language skills;
• Teaching some ESL lessons to the classes in the kindergarten that follow our English teaching curriculum;
• Organising large scale events that promote physical activity to the parents and community.
The requirements are as follows:
• Must have a university degree in any subject, degrees in teaching or sport are preferred;
• Must have experience in designing physical activities for young learners;
• Preferably will have some ESL experience, but a PE background is more important.
Must have the following traits:
• Lively and cheerful personality
• Professional work ethic
• Responsible and safety conscious
• Loves children
• Willing to learn
• No criminal record or outstanding warrants for arrest
What we offer:
• Monday to Friday only (absolutely no evening or weekend work);
• All fully legal visas, foreign experts certificate, residence permit etc;
• Private accommodation complete with all basic living necessities;
• All Chinese holidays and Christmas Day, plus summer vacation;
• Arrival and completion bonus;
• A highly organised and professional teaching curriculum.
To apply for this job, send your CV to [email protected]