Kindly mention the position in subject of email.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
The Procurement Estimator will be responsible for procuring materials, goods, products, and
services to support Government related Building Construction requirements. This may include raw
materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, software, licenses, and other items as needed.
Procurement Estimator has the responsibility to know the accepted business purchasing methods
and knows the purchasing policies and procedures of the organization. It is the responsibility of
the Procurement Estimator to conduct all business in accordance first with company policies and
Coordinate's activities involved with procuring goods and services for organizations in line with
government customer contracts by performing the following duties:
1. Perform conceptual estimates based on limited information.
2. Apply unit pricing techniques.
3. Maintain an historical database.
4. Prepare construction budgets.
5. Establish and maintain budget control over trades during estimating and preconstruction
phases of the project.
6. Provide value engineering solutions including cost/schedule implications.
7. Provide estimating input on projects at various stages of design development.
8. Coordinate bid efforts, processing RFI s, and interfacing between bidding community and
design team members on negotiated or hard bid projects.
9. Assist the Bid and Proposal, Marketing, Operation, and Construction departments in
preparation of responses to RFP s and RFQ s.
10. Review purchase requisitions for clarity, compliance, detail, completeness, and obtain
additional information considered necessary.
11. Reviews requisitions within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
12. Determines methods of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
13. Prepares bid packages.
14. Review bid packages, negotiates prices and terms, selects or recommends suppliers,
analyzes trends, follows up on orders placed, verifies delivery, approves payment, and
maintains necessary records.
15. Perform and comprehend price analyses, source selection/justification.
16. Confer with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and
17. Prepares orders and follows up on orders to expedite delivery and shipment.
18. Actively manage the procurement process from order placement through receipt of
products and subsequent payment of invoices.
19. Actively manage supplier performance through consistent communication to ensure
proper adherence to purchase order terms and conditions.
20. Participate in the invoice approval process to ensure that supplier invoices are in
accordance with purchase order terms and conditions, and resolve issues as necessary.
21. Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with users, vendors, and others to
determine the source of trouble and take corrective action.
22. Develops and maintains necessary records and files for efficient operation.
CONSTRUCTION & FINISHING experience desired.
1. Bachelor's degree and 7-10 years of directly related experience. Additional years of
experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
2. At least 5 years' experience preparing bid proposals, based upon labor & material costs, in
commercial projects up to $50M. This includes leading and responding to project
requirements for Governmental Requests for Proposals (RFPs) or Solicitations.
3. Experience with creating and maintaining files-procurement files preferred.
4. Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to work independently in a fast-paced
5. Enthusiastic and confident with outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
6. Must be able to build a Unit Price estimate from start to finish including General Conditions
and Engineering calculations.
7. Knowledge of current cost trends in military construction is required.
8. Proficiency in estimates, engineering, schedules, proposals, purchasing, subcontracting,
negotiations, safety, and licensing.
9. Experience dealing with subcontracts, subcontractors, and/or self-perform work including
leading successful team ventures.
10. Ability to organize incomplete information and produce complete estimates.
11. Proficiency in take-off, assembling general conditions, pricing and scheduling.
12. Ability to work closely with operational and purchasing team members to achieve common
13. Strong market knowledge and experience in working across various functions, businesses
14. Organizational, analytic and time management skills.
15. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products, Heavy Bid and Heavy Job, Contract Manager,
FTP Sites, Timberline and OST.
16. Organizational, analytic and time management skills.
17. Personable with people skills, and strong written and oral communication skills, including